Welcome to the second part of our home trends blog series! In this part of the series, we are going to share with you the top trending kitchen and bathroom features for the year. We are seeing an introduction to some brand new trends, and a revival of others – which makes the combination between the two an interesting mix. Check out the most unique kitchen and bath trends that we are seeing today:
- Gray or black: Traditionally, we see a lot of stained wood or white cabinets in these spaces, but this year, gray and black cabinets are making a big impact.
- Matte finish: The idea of a matte finish has trickled down through many categories such as art, makeup, and now home design! Matte is used to describe something that lacks shine, so it looks more dull and flat. (see picture below)
- Flat front: While many cabinets still have some variation of a raised panel in the center, flat front cabinets are creating a super-modern look in today’s kitchens.
Sundancer Model at Millville By The Sea
- Geometric: Patterned tiles are a great way to create a large statement in a central room of a home, such as the kitchen. Not only are geometrically shaped tiles being used, but we are also seeing tiles that have a 3D effect.
- Colored glass: In years past, we saw a lot of ceramic tiles on backsplashes and showers, but now, colored glass tiles are becoming more popular due to their translucence.
- Marble: Marble is another trend that has been seen throughout all types of creative industries, from fashion to home design. Most popular, is white marble or marble-like materials, such as the tiled shower pictured below.
- Mineral & gemstone: Along with marble, mineral and gemstone tiles are a simple way to bring a little bit of luxury to any space. According to one of our favorite bloggers, Centsational Girl, minerals and gemstones are also being added to other features likes faucets, knobs and drawer pulls.
The Silverton at Aspen North
With the popularity of stainless steel, appliance companies began creating the option of a black stainless finish. This appliance finish is similar to stainless – only black instead of silver as the name suggests. The black stainless or graphite appliances also have less of a shine to them, but are not quite matte.
Sources: centsationalgirl.com, buildersshow.com