Everyone knows that Spring is the quintessential time of year when everyone decides to deep clean their homes. Breaking news: Fall-cleaning is the new Spring-cleaning! Why? Because you have been outside all summer and neglecting the inside of your home. Here at Miller & Smith, we put together just a few things that you can do during your new bi-yearly home cleaning in the fall season!
- Sift through summer items – So summer has ended and you never wore that bikini you’ve been holding on to. Three words; throw it out. The fall is the best time to go through all of your beach gear and summer clothing that you did not wear this year. That way next summer you can start with a fresh new slate and buy some new warm-weather items.
- Make a list – Everyone has experienced the “oh my gosh” moment when we turn around and it’s already October. Summer is one of the busiest times of the year in which we celebrate beautiful weather, vacations, and time off of school. Over the summer season there are a lot of things that we meant to do, but never quite got around to it. Make a to-do list of the things that just slipped through cracks over the summer.
- Sell your stuff – Before you know it, the holiday season will be at your doorstep. Utilize the fall as a primetime to clean and you will have the option to sell unwanted furniture, clothes, and other items online or in a garage sale. The extra cash will come in handy when it’s time to buy your loved ones some holiday gifts.
- Go through your finances – Evaluate your budget this fall to get back on track. During the summer months, we tend to overspend on things such as food and travel. Create a new plan for the rest of the calendar year so that you can get your finances back on track for 2016. Decide what you need to save for, bills you need to pay, and things such as monthly food costs or shopping allowances.
- Deep clean – Autumn is one of the highest allergy seasons and it arrives quicker than you can sneeze. Think back to the last time you shampooed your carpets & upholstery or vacuumed in the couch. That’s right, it’s time again, because chances are, the spring and summer allergens & dirt are still trapped in there somewhere. You’re going to be spending more time inside during the colder months, so why not make your house squeaky clean!