The Project Accountant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing and monitoring job cost reports, monitoring current and historical data, cost variances, general ledger postings, maintaining feasibility budgets, wire transfers, etc.
Overview of the position:
- Manage the Lot Take Down process for the Homes Department purchases. This includes the scheduling and coordination with our Legal and Land Departments to meet required deadlines.
- Posting entries to the General Ledger
- Maintain semi-annual budgets for all projects which will include assisting with budget preparation for the annual Fiscal Planning Conference and the Mid-Year update review.
- Assist the Controller with preparation of the year end audit providing required reports and information to the outside auditors.
- Special projects as assigned by the Controller.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Accounting is required
- 5-7 years’ Accounting experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in the home building or real estate industry preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of Sage 300 (Timberline Accounting Software) preferred, but not required
- Proficient computer skills with a strong knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
We offer a business causal environment, competitive compensation which includes, paid leave (both vacation and sick), medical/dental benefits, 401(k) and more.
Location: Tyson’s Corporate Office