We’ll have you believing in magic when you see the master suites at Victory Lakes. Not only are these Magic Collection townhomes impossibly large, but they boast a vast master bedroom, including his and hers walk-in closets. Surely making this one of the reasons they’ve been so popular and are now almost entirely sold out. If you’re anything like us, the thought of keeping a huge closet organized can be overwhelming. However, by following these simple tips, you can conquer closet clutter once and for all and make the most out of your new space.
1. There’s never been a better time than now to go through your belongings and weed out anything that you don’t need. Thanks to this checklist from ApartmentTherapy.com, ask yourself the following questions to determine if an article of clothing truly passes the For Keeps Test. Do I like the cut, fabric and color? Am I comfortable wearing it? Does it fit me now? If there is any damage, can it really be fixed? Can I wear it on more than one occasion? Does it coordinate with other things in my closet? Have I worn it in the past year?The following tips and examples may utilize simple storage solutions that are easy to assemble and install and are widely available at your local home improvement stores.
2. Maximize the space using double closet rods for hanging dresses, shirts, skirts and dress pants. Allowing a six-inch clearance above each rod will make enough room for your rows of clothing to hang unimpaired.*Source
3. Include an area for drawers in your closet, making sure that they are outfitted with dividers for easily storing small items like belts, scarves, socks and undergarments.*Source
4. Shelves are perfect for storing folded stacks of shirts and sweaters and jeans. Anchor your stacks of shirts by placing bulkier clothing at the bottom and then organize by type, whether it be turtlenecks, cardigans or crew necks.*Source
5. Storing shoes is probably the biggest challenge in any closet. Gone are the days of searching through a mountain of footwear. When you use clear plastic boxes as a means for storing shoes, you’re not only able to locate the right pair more easily, but by stacking the boxes, you’ll make room for even more pairs.*Source
Most importantly when trying to curb closet clutter you must evaluate the efficiency of your space. Make sure you have created a clear path and easy accessibility to the clothes you regularly wear. Never. Stop. Organizing. Keeping up with the clutter will make it more manageable and will save you time for such things as locating that cute eggplant cardigan that you forgot you even had.