2015 is officially over and the verdict is in! Each year there are a number of home features that are considered the ‘most important’ to homebuyers. At Miller and Smith, you can bet that you will get the best home features in any new single-family home or townhome in one of our amazing communities. Take a look at the top home features from the past year according to realtor.com:
- Fireplace– The top home feature sought after by homebuyers is a fireplace. Not only do fireplaces provide warmth in cold winter months, but they also look nice in the home. A fireplace represents a central point where family and friends can gather together and spend quality time together.
- Wood Floor– According to realtor.com, hard wood flooring has been a rising trend, and has gained significant ground over the past year. More and more we are seeing wood flooring as a standard in many new homes.
- Carpet– It is rare to find a home with no carpeting at all because it is a home staple for comfort and easy maintenance. Many homes today feature both hardwood and carpet flooring.
- Granite Countertops– Although granite was once an expensive add-on and a luxury in home kitchens, it is now considered a standard feature in any new home.
- Stainless Steel Appliances– The modern look of stainless steel is really what has boosted the popularity of these appliances since the 1990s.
- Open Floor Plan– In all new Miller and Smith homes, you will find some variation of an open floor plan. Open floor plans allow for smooth transitions from room to room, the appearance of a larger home, and the perfect space for entertaining.
- Walk-in Closet– A large selling point for many homes, walk-in closets come standard in any new Miller and Smith home.
Although any homebuyer can choose features such as flooring, countertops, and appliances, Miller and Smith offers even more personal choices for each home model. Additionally, our immediate delivery homes are equipped with only the best home features for optimal living. Visit any of our model homes today to see how you can experience life inside a brand new Miller and Smith home, because after all — one visit can change everything!